If you’re like me, you’ve probably had your fair share of mornings where everything seems to be going wrong. Maybe your alarm doesn’t go off, or maybe you slept through it, the bus is late, or your car won’t start. Everyone seems to have a morning where breakfast is the last thing on your mind. Don’t worry, these delicious breakfast cookies, perfect for morning munching.
I never seem to have enough time to make breakfast, even if it’s just cereal, but these breakfast cookies are perfect for a grab and go morning. Of course, you’ll need to make them ahead of time…
Here are to make these delicious and healthy breakfast cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups multigrain cheerios
- 1 cup raisins, semi-sweet chocolate chips, nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix coconut oil, peanut butter, and honey. Microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Whisk together, and then add egg, mashed banana pulp, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture until well combined. Add the cheerios and raisins or chocolate chips and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Drop 1/3 cup sized scoops onto a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until golden around the edges. Cool and transfer to a cooling rack.